Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.7 Released

Дейтер Александр Валери Дейтер Александр Валери
Tue Jul 11 15:08:16 EDT 2006

Larry Rosenbaum wrote:

>> > This release cannot work on Solaris 9 64-bit. Cyrus-IMAP build in 64-bit
>> > mode with SUNWspro cc (SUN Studio 11):
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?  I don't have a 64-bit Solaris box
>> immediately available for testing, but my fix was tested and confirmed
>> by the person that originally reported this problem in 2.3.6 (don't
>> remember who it was OTH).
>
> That was probably me.  I have just built 2.3.7 on our test system and
> haven't seen any fatal errors.  However, I am using gcc (v3.4.2), NOT the
> Sun compiler.

This error happens if you compile Cyrus IMAP as 64-bit application:

$ file /usr/local/sbin/imapd
/usr/local/sbin/imapd:  ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1,
UltraSPARC1 Extensions Required, dynamically linked, stripped

For this purpose it is necessary to set compiler options:

-m64 for gcc, or -xarch=v9 for Sun cc.

Tell me please, what options of the gcc compiler you used at build Cyrus
IMAP ? Also show a output of this command:

$ file /path/to/imapd

Thanks a lot!

--
Alex Deiter