Error: "master[137]: can't open pidfile: Bad file descriptor"

James Brown jlbrown at bordo.com.au
Tue Jul 11 09:08:24 EDT 2006

I'm having problems starting and connecting to imapd.

I type:

sudo /usr/cyrus/bin/master &
[1] 190

Looking at the processes running with 'top' there is a process 'sudo'
with PID of 190 running. There is no process called imapd running.

Is this correct behaviour?

When I try to telnet in to test it I get:

mail1-bordo-com-au:~ jlbrown$ telnet localhost imap
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.