Mailstore filesystem

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Wed Jul 5 18:58:03 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-05 at 15:43 -0600, Michael Loftis wrote:
> It would be nice to have more details about version of ReiserFS, what hash
> was being used, kernel version, hardware involved, and NFS or not
> (especially kernel NFSd)...

I've never tried NFS in a production environment at work, so this was my
private machine, as said.  No NFS, since BerkeleyDB doesn't play well
with it.  Very much a play configuration.

ReiserFS 3.6.19 on Gentoo/x86 Linux, 2.6.x kernels, with local SATA.  FS
options would have been the defaults -- I never tinkered, since the I/O
level was so low that I never needed to.  Kernel: I think it was the
current one, 2.6.17-gentoo-r7.

And no, there had been no power failures -- I have a UPS.
--
"Everything has three factors: politics, money, and the right way to do it.
 In that order."  -- Gary Donahue