Mailstore filesystem

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Wed Jul 5 12:41:38 EDT 2006

On 05 Jul 2006, at 10:07, John Madden wrote:
> True, but I do expect to reach this number on this machine in the next
> couple of years.  ...And reiserfs has been just fine so far.  Then
> again, I didn't even consider using ext3 at the time.

While I've not had performance problems with reiser3, I have had RAID
firmware problems which caused data loss on reiser3.  Rebuilding the
tree on terabytes of email data takes a long, long time.  Weeks
longer than restoring from tape.  I have not (yet) had similar RAID
failures with ext3, so I can not describe my experiences there.

:wes