reconstruct -m , alternatives?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 21 13:57:50 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 13:31 -0500, Aaron Bennett wrote:
> Tarjei Huse wrote:
>

> >You should be able to get out a list of mailboxes and run reconstruct -m on each of them. Another good start is just to run through your userlist and run reconstruct -r on each of the user mailboxes.
> >

> Here's some more information:
>
> (authenticated as administrator)
>
> localhost.localdomain> lm user.amuska-bad*
> user.amuska-bad.Drafts (\HasNoChildren)
> user.amuska-bad.Enter mailbox name (\HasNoChildren)
> user.amuska-bad.Sent (\HasNoChildren)
> user.amuska-bad.Sent Items (\HasChildren)
> user.amuska-bad.Sent Items.Notes (\HasNoChildren)
> user.amuska-bad.Tasks (\HasNoChildren)
> user.amuska-bad.Trash (\HasNoChildren)
>
> localhost.localdomain> dm user.amuska-bad.Drafts
> deletemailbox: Permission denied
>
> so i try to reconstruct it -- (I've tried with all reconstruct options,
> no difference):
>
> [cyrus at calliope imap]$ reconstruct -r user.amuska-bad
> user.amuska-bad.Drafts: Mailbox does not exist
> user.amuska-bad.Drafts
> user.amuska-bad.Enter mailbox name
> user.amuska-bad.Sent
> user.amuska-bad.Sent Items
> user.amuska-bad.Sent Items.Notes
> user.amuska-bad.Tasks
> user.amuska-bad.Trash
> [cyrus at calliope imap]$
>
> then:
>
> localhost.localdomain> dm user.amuska-bad.Drafts
> deletemailbox: Permission denied
>
> What gives? :-)
----
Is 'administrator' listed as cyrus-admins: in imapd.conf ?

Reconstruct appears to be working...I don't know why you appear to have
a 'folder' called 'Drafts:' but that would seem to be a problem and you
should probably escape that and remove it...

> sam "user.amuska-bad.Drafts:" administrator lrswipcda
> dm "user.amuska-bad.Drafts:"

> reconstruct user.amuska-bad

Also, by default, a cyrus-admin would not have privileges to delete a
mailbox, you have to add that privilege before you can delete it.

> sam user.amuska-bad administrator lrswipcda

then
> dm user.amuska-bak
would work

Craig