reconstruct error IOERROR: locking cache

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Sat Feb 18 16:04:28 EST 2006

Alexander Reelsen wrote:
> hen doing a cyrus 2.1 to 2.2 migration I had the same problem, but
> with side effects. Mail flags were lost afterwards (the "important" and
> "reply" flags). I could not track down the problem either (where the
> locking probleme originated).
>
> Hope you have more luck with your migration :)

I'm currently monitoring my box now after doing the migration from
2.1.16 to 2.3.1 this morning. Things look okay here. I see the reply
flag on a few mails I have in my own mailbox. I don't think I set
anything as 'important' though. Maybe you mean \Flag ?

I choose to NOT do a reconstruct -r on 2.1.16 prior to moving the mail
spool to 2.3.1. Instead after moving to 2.3.1 I used a perl script to
login to each acct, select the INBOX, and read 3 headers before logging
out. Monitoring output of the cyrus log didn't show any problems so I
figured there was no need to go back and run reconstruct under 2.1.16.

That said, it's to early to say one way or another if it's a success,
that'll come Monday when the bulk of the users hit the box!

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center