Cyrus Murder with virtual domains and ldap sasl auth with Postfix

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Sat Feb 18 15:38:00 EST 2006

Hello,

I run a relatively large mail system consisting of 6 frontend servers,
3 backend servers and a update server using Cyrus Murder. Currently we
use sendmail on the frontends for incoming smtp delivery (via the lmtp
socket to the backend).

Due to some irritations with sendmail, we'd like to try out Postfix
with this Murder configuration.

My biggest question is, how (with Postfix) can I verify if a user
exists during the smtp session (like socketmap for sendmail, for
example)? Is there a way without having to dump the mailboxes.db file
to a virtual file for postfix? The prefered way would be via a unix or
tcp socket.

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks.

Lenny
--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"