reconstruct error IOERROR: locking cache

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 17 10:14:57 EST 2006

Greets -

I have a shared folder, that has subfolders, and I want to move it to be
a regular account. I've come up with the following process to move the
shared folder named 'helga' to the new account 'user.helga'. I'm using
Cyrus 2.3.1-2. The shared folder was originally located on a Cyrus
2.1.16 server and had not yet been read/modified/opened on the Cyrus
2.3.1-2 server.

1) Use cyradm to create a new user.helga account
2) Move /var/spool/imap/helga to /var/spool/imap/user/helga and set
owner/perms as needed
3) As cyrus, run reconstruct -fr user.helga

This seems to work. The obvious side effect is all mail in this folder
is listed as unseen and all flags are lost. During the reconstruct the
following errors show up in /var/log/imapd.log for each folder in
user.helga:

reconstruct[4212]: IOERROR: locking cache for user.helga.Dzimm.Of
Interest.net-snmp: Bad file descriptor
reconstruct[4212]: IOERROR: locking cache for user.helga.Dzimm.Of
Interest.telnet: Bad file descriptor
reconstruct[4212]: IOERROR: locking cache for user.helga.Dzimm.Of
Interest.sudo: Bad file descriptor
reconstruct[4212]: IOERROR: locking cache for user.helga.Dzimm.Of
Interest.ucd-snmp: Bad file descriptor
reconstruct[4212]: IOERROR: locking cache for user.helga.Dzimm.Of
Interest.XFree86: Bad file descriptor

I think this can be safely ignored but I want to double check. Can
someone say why these errors happen and confirm they're safe to ignore?
I do not think they are related to the migration of a shared folder to
user account. I think they are related to moving the data between cyrus
2.1.16 and 2.3.1.

Thanks for the help.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>