Building cyrus-imapd-2.2.12 on 64 bit linux

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:55:27 EST 2006

Once I built and installed from the source RPM, when I start and stop
the cyrus-omapd server, I get the following errors:

Exporting cyrus-imapd databases: runuser: warning: cannot change
directory to /dev/null: Not a directory
Importing cyrus-imapd databases: runuser: warning: cannot change
directory to /dev/null: Not a directory

In /etc/init.d/cyrus-imapd I see the following lines.  Something is not
right and I'm not sure what.

$RUNUSER - cyrus -c "umask 166 ; /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb_all >
${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log 2>&1" < /dev/null
$RUNUSER - cyrus -c "umask 166 ; /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb_all
export > ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_export.log 2>&1" < /dev/null

Thanks,
Rob