Building cyrus-imapd-2.2.12 on 64 bit linux

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Wed Feb 15 11:53:54 EST 2006

Alexander,

One of my major reasons for building cyrus-imapd myself rather than with
an RPM is that the FC4 distro RPM version logs as the mail facility, and
I do not want both the MTA and cyrus-imapd logging to the same syslog
file.  Building from unmodified source, messages are logged using the
local6 facility.  Do you know if Simon's package has also been modified
like the FC4 distro?  I've not worked with source rpms and I'm not
comfortable trying to figure it out for myself.  Or even better, is
there an undocumented option (imapd.conf or cyrus.conf directive) to set
the facility -- I certainly couldn't find a reference in the man pages.

Thanks,
Rob