Removing quotas in 2.3.1 broken?

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 14 07:05:17 EST 2006

Simon Matter wrote:
> From what I understand everything is okay here. For user.scottrus only the
> size of the mailbox is shown, no quota is shown because it is set to -1 in
> the quota db. I think the problem is that the quota file (assuming you are
> using quota legacy db) is not removed when setting quota to none, instead
> the quota is set to -1. quota -f reports for every used who has a quota
> file, but correctly shows no quota for it.

Based n what you've said I did some further checking on both my
production v2.1.16 system and my new v2.3.1 system and confirmed that
they both behave exactly the same way.

> What exactly do you consider broken here?

My php code apparently :) I think I wrongly assumed there was a problem
with Cyrus because Net_Cyrus crapped all over the screen when trying to
query the quota information for a mailbox that has the quota set to -1.

I'll have to take a closer look at the php side of things. Thanks for
restoring my sanity.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center System Admin