Migrating Mailboxes to a new server

Andrés Tarallo Andres.Tarallo at linux-sudamerica.com
Mon Dec 4 06:18:25 EST 2006

Hi !!!

We have a big email server with about 2000 mailboxes, over SuSE 10.1
with SuSE 2.2.12. In order to enhace reliability and performance (over
slow 64 kbps internet links) we are moving to a distributed server schema.

So we set up a new server, and then tried to move some mailboxes to the
new one. We made a full backup of /var/lib/imap and
/var/spool/imap/users. Then we tried to restore some of the mailboxes in
the new server. The server started succesfully, but webmain couldn't
access to the mailboxes.

What we need to backup the mailboxes succesfully to a new server? Is
there a detailed guide for this task?. Thanks in advance.

A/P Andres Tarallo
WD&B Consultores
Montevideo - Uruguay