sieve doesn't work [auf Viren überprüft]

Hans Moser hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Wed Aug 30 03:08:21 EDT 2006

Hi!

Martin G.H. Minkler schrieb:

> After reloading and even restarting cyrus with the changes to the
> sieveshell die line and the imapd.conf in place as suggested, I still
>  get the same (slighty longer but unfortunately no more informative)
>  error message from sieveshell:
>
> unable to connect to server () at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 174.
Can you doublecheck your changes to managesieve?

> Do I need to restart saslauthd to re-read the config from
> /etc/imapd.conf?
You don't use saslauthd at all, as I can see from your config, you use
auxprop + sasldb2...
With this you could use CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 as well.
Perhaps you could change sasl_mech_list:
sasl_mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN

> Is there maybe an alternative to sieveshell? Telneting sieve seems to
>  return such a correct response...
In you first post I can't see information about "sasl" and/or "STARTTLS"
Here is what I get:

"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.12"
"SASL" "LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
"STARTTLS"
OK

Hans