Anyone with experience using imapsync

David Lang david.lang at digitalinsight.com
Tue Aug 22 11:47:20 EDT 2006

--On Monday, August 21, 2006 10:29:26 PM -0700 Rob Tanner
<rtanner at linfield.edu> wrote:

> David,
>
> I tried various combinations based on your suggestions.  The --prefix2
> "INBOX."  was the most interesting.  Instead of userxyz, I ended up with
> INBOXxyz.  Just a variation on the same problem.
> One thing I did forget to mention.  The saslauthd program is pointing to
> the shadow file at the moment, and none of the folks (ultimately I need
> to move about 4,500 accounts) are in the shadow file.  I have to
> eventually switch the pointer to LDAP but that requires some other prep
> that I'm not yet ready for.  But could that possibly explain my problem?

I think that the fact that it's dropping the . when it is trying to access
the destination folder is the key.

when you add the --prefix INBOX. you may have to quote it to have it keep
the . in the name.

when I get home tonight I'll check the command line I've been useing at
home.

David Lang