Multiple username/passwords pointing to the same mailbox .. possible?

former03|Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Mon Aug 21 03:39:11 EDT 2006

Hi Malcom,

> I am currently migrating a large number of IMAP/POP accounts from one
> server to another.  The old server using a schema of CLIENTID-0,
> CLIENTID-1 etc as the naming schema, and it is required that the new
> server use the user at domain naming schema.

You cold manage authorization using some database mechanism, where you
could have multiple users; however you would have to separate
authentication and autorization then. There would be one main problem for
which I don't known any solution now: you can't grant access to users in a
different realm; and your old users are in the servername realm, your new
ones in their own domain's.

Another possibility: perhaps Perdition or some other IMAP proxy can help? I
don't use it yet, but it has some nice options, e.g. it can present
accounts on different servers on one frontend. So perhaps it has some
features that can help you.

Baltasar

--

Baltasar Cevc