Sieve vacation rule not working..

former03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Sun Aug 20 05:14:50 EDT 2006

Hi Nix,

I never coded sieve myself (Horde ingo is my friend ;-) - however I
think there should be quotes about the text.
Another think you should make sure ist to check that your address is in
the to or cc (I think that can be done using the "addresses" parameter
(maybe the lack hereof in your script is the reason vacation does not
work) - otherwise mailing lists will get out of office responsed (same
applies to spam meaning lots of useless backscatter will be produced).

Try something like (which is a shortened version of what Ingo produced
and will give some additional safety for mailing list posts etc.:
    if allof ( not exists ["list-help", "list-unsubscribe",
"list-subscribe", "list-owner", "list-post", "list-archive",
"list-id"], not header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :is "Precedence"
"list,bulk" ) {
    vacation :days 1 :addresses "baltasar.cevc_AT_former03.de" :subject
"FORMER03 AUTORESPONDER" "FORMER03 AUTORESPONDER
    I am out of the office at the moment
    ";
    }

Baltasar