Migrating a former /etc/sasldb2 (GNU dbm 1.x or ndbm database, little endian)

Kevin Kruzich kkruzich at linkshare.com
Tue Aug 15 16:06:44 EDT 2006

I have an /etc/sasldb2 containing around 600 accounts, in GNU dbm
format. In running sasldblistusers2 I can see entries like so:

joe at greenwich: cmusaslsecretPLAIN
jack at greenwich: userPassword
jane at greenwich: userPassword

When I try to authenticate against (using imtest) this on a host other
than greenwich I get the following:

S: L01 NO Login failed: user not found
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0

I CAN add another account joe at mbox using saslpasswd2 --but what I really
want to do is change the domain (or realm) in this existing sasldb2.

I've searched hi and lo and can't find anything on this. I really don't
want to ask 600 people to change their email password.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
--kkruzich