Cyrus upgrade, need advice

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sun Aug 13 14:27:26 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 04:27 -0700, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

> Watch out for Berkeley DB versions. Most likely, they will differ and
> all Cyrus SASL/IMAP DBs that use Berkeley will not be transferrable,
> just like that. There are things you can do. :-)

I do not know what, if any, changes SUSE makes, but by default with 2.2,
only the deliver and TLS sessions databases use Berkeley DB, the loss of
which are not terribly consequential.  If SUSE changes any of the
default databases, they should be set in /etc/imapd.conf.  In other
words, you should not have any problems going between those two
versions.

One potential problem I see is whether or not your SLES 9 is 64-bit or
32 and if version 10 will match.  I would not be surprised if a change
like that would invalidate assumptions in the on-disk storage of the
databases.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>