Sieve: vacation does not work

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Fri Aug 4 10:37:18 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-04 at 15:32 +0200, Andreas Ferrari wrote:
> In our office we use Debian Sarge, Postfix and Cyrus. Everything works
> great but only vacation with Sieve does not work.
> I have searched a lot and only found posts from other people which have
> the same problem but no solution.
> I use lmtp to deliver mails from Postfix to Cyrus...
> In the logfiles I see that my other sieve scripts are ok but the ones
> with vacation does not work, no erros... nothing in the logfiles.
> Are there any god documentations out there or does anyone can give me a
> hint how to solve this problem?

Do you have a /usr/lib/sendmail, not just /usr/sbin/sendmail?  If not,
have you used the "sendmail:" configuration directive to change sieve's
idea of which program to use to send new messages, such as with redirect
or vacation?

If the OS packaging included documentation, then you should have an
"install-sieve.html" document, which covers this and walks you through
tests.
--
"Everything has three factors: politics, money, and the right way to do it.
 In that order."  -- Gary Donahue