SSL certs on proxy pool?

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Wed Aug 2 13:29:11 EDT 2006

we have a mail.columbia.edu cert on each of our frontends.

They are behind a load balancer which has the name mail.columbia.edu.

Clients connect to the load balancer which passes them to one of the
frontends.
The CN name in the  cert matches the name the client thinks they
connected to and things work fine.

-Patrick