Moving messages from one folder to another

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Tue Apr 25 14:09:19 EDT 2006

> Is there a particular problem you are trying to solve by doing this?
> This is a user preference, and I know that I would want to kill any
> admin that attempted to make the changes you are suggesting. :)

We've got a lot of different IMAP emails clients which use differents
folder names for Sent,Drafts, ...
This could be ok but when they access the webmail, users are confused
because:
	- depending on their email client, they end up with 2 folders ("Sent"
and "Sent items", ...)
	- the folder doesn't have the same (it's often translated by the client
but the folder real name is english).

It's also not useful when one migrate to a different mail client
(although it doesn't happen very often).

A nicer solution would be that imap clients use annotation to guess
which folder must be used as Drafts,Sent,... but that's not the case !

I agree power users want to have control on everything (as I do), but
normal users just want things to be simple and to work.

Yann