Stress testing Cyrus + postfix

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Apr 12 23:05:51 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 18:54 -0700, Jim Norton wrote:
> Quoting Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com>:
>
> > Anyone knows any scripts for stress testing an email system I just
> > brought up??
> >
> > Would appreciate pointers to some if possible.
> >

> How about a simple Perl script that sends multiple emails per second to
> a few system and Cyrus mailboxes? You could then run the script for as
> long as you wanted.

Yeah.. Something like that. I've seen this before
-->http://pookey.co.uk/wiki/imap_benchmark

but not used/tried it. I was wondering if there was already one such
stress test system/script etc already in existence in say..
freshmeat/sourceforge etc.

> If you need help writing such a script let me know... I could write it
> in about 20 minutes or so for you.

Thanks for the offer. I can use the script from the above if no one can
suggest a better way.