Conditions to trigger replication in 2.3.3

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 12 09:22:02 EDT 2006

Patrick T. Tsang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What are the conditions to trigger the replication in ver.2.3.3?
>
> My testing platform shows me that only the TOUCHED imap folder and
> TOUCHED email (imap flag: SEEN state will not!) will do.

It is true that rolling replication (sync_client -r) will only replicate
changes logged by the services.  If changing only the \Seen flag doesn't
trigger replication, then this is a bug, but it has not been reported by
those that have been using 2.3 for some time.

> I have some old imap folders created before the replica is done.
> These folders will not replicate in my test.

If you want existing mailboxes to be replicated in bulk, then simply run
sync_client from the command line with the appropriate options.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer