Virtual domains and user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com

Jim Norton jimnorton at jimnorton.org
Sat Apr 8 10:17:36 EDT 2006

Ok I need to clarify.

I don't have a "joe" mailbox yet. I would like to be able to have two
"joe" mailboxes called for example:  joe at virt-domain1.org and
joe at virt-domain2.org.

In my current usage of Cyrus IMAP I've not been able to do this because
I've been creating users with a command like  cm user.joe ..... Without
the FQUN.

Then through the Postfix config files I tell Postfix which virtual
domain joe belongs to.

So currently "joe" can only exist in one virtual domain.

My question is how do I go about setting up users in Cyrus IMAP and
Cyrus SASL so that I "could" have a user "joe" in multiple virtual
domains?

Thanks for the replies everybody...

Quoting "S. J. Morrison" <sjm at sjmorrison.net>:

> [...]

Jim Norton - http://www.jamesnortonphotography.com

"I cannot copy nature in a servile way. I must interpret nature and
submit it to
the spirit of the picture" - Henri Matisse