more than one Sieve autoreply per day?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Apr 7 15:15:55 EDT 2006

--On Friday, April 7, 2006 12:29 -0400 Phil Durbin <pdurbin at berklee.edu>
wrote:

> Good point.  Maybe there could be some throttling built into the
> "autoreply" extension that Ken says people have considered writing.   10
> autoreplies per day per address or something.

That would make it workable.  I've been asked for the same thing, and
would welcome a solution.

Another aspect of it that has bothered me is that HR typically wants to
say "your message has been received", but are there situations where the
reply is sent and the message not delivered?  Disk failure perhaps,
or the recipient mailbox over quota.  In such cases the message should
bounce, but maybe not for a few days, and in the meantime the sender
thinks it has been received.  The consequences are different than they
are for an ordinary vacation notice.  It could be more of a legal
question than an email question.

Joseph Brennan