re-adding a folder

Michael Johnson kaiser at emjay.net
Tue Apr 4 17:33:57 EDT 2006

On Apr 4, 2006, at 3:16 PM, Michael Johnson wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2006, at 2:26 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>> You will most likely want:
>>
>> reconstruct -r -f <parent mailbox of deleted hierarchy>
>
> So to be clear:
>
> bash$ cyradm --user cyrus localhost
>
> <enter password when prompted>
>
> cyradm> reconstruct -r -f /path/to/cyrus/imap/j/user/joe_schmoe/

I figured this part out...

reconstruct -r user.realname

However, this didn't work.

The directory was restored from backup tape to the path and should
show up using the lm command as user.realname.SubFolder if I
understand it correctly.

I couldn't run reconstruct with -f at all.  My version is 2.2.8 if
that helps.

I tried creating the mailbox and it didn't appear to destroy
anything.  After that, I did a reconstruct -r on the new mailbox and
it seems like it might have worked.  I'll hopefully hear from the
user soon.

-Michael