question about hardware architecture.

Andrzej Kwiatkowski andrzej.kwiatkowski at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:32:09 EDT 2005

Helo.

I was asked to prepere hardware architecture to Cyrus based
e-mail system for large number of accounts.

What i want to propose is.

4 IBM xSeries 346 for mailbox servers.
EMC CX700 as storeage.

But i dont know how te resolve problem of mountig volumes from EMC.

I want to do this for this way:

Every server in normal way is mounting from EMC one volume on wich are
binaries and mailboxes for this instance. When this server crash, i
would like to remount this volume on the one from 3 remaining servers,
and there run this instance.

On SUN hardware i was using Veritas VM for such cluster operation.
Now on x86 i've no idea. Veritas is not good for me, because as i know,
he doesn't work on Debian or FreeBSD systems which i plan to use.

Have you got any idea ? which help me ;-)

Thanks
AK