Log level question

Jeffrey T Eaton jeaton at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 27 14:46:26 EDT 2005

> I've created the "log" directory under "/usr/local/etc" (where
> imapd.confresides) and under " "/usr/local/cyrus" (where binary tools
> are), restarted
> imap but nothing happened.
>
> Does anyone know where this directories should reside in FreeBSD? I haven't
> found any knob for this in the port files.
>
> Thanks.

Look at the configdirectory: directive in imapd.conf.

On my personal freebsd server, it is set to

configdirectory: /usr/local/imap

though I don't recall if I changed that from the default.   Create
$configdirectory/log/username/ (making sure the permissions on the
directory allow the Cyrus user to write to it, and it will generate
one file per connection, named after the PID of the process.

In my case, I can create /usr/local/imap/log/jeaton/ and get telemetry
logging in there.

-jeaton

--
Jeffrey T. Eaton                    esp                      jeaton at cmu.edu
Research Systems Programmer                      Carnegie-Mellon University