Log level question

lartc lartc at manchotnetworks.net
Tue Sep 27 11:47:59 EDT 2005

hi franco

if i had to guess -- the client machine using pop3 has it setup to
delete messages rather than leaving them on the server. so when the user
checked his mail using pop3, all the message went locally to that
machine.

cheers

charles

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 12:30 -0300, Franco Bruno Borghesi wrote:
> Hi everyone on this list. This is my very first post, although I've
> been using cyrus imap for a couple of years now.
>
> My question is: is there any way to log when a user deletes/purges an
> email from his account?
>
> There is an user of an imap installation who told me a couple of weeks
> ago that he had lost almost all his messages. I restored then from a
> backup; didn't found anything suspicious on this server, so I told him
> to check his home computer configuration.
>
> Same thing happened today. This users access mail from his work
> computer (via IMAP), his home computer (via POP3) and webmail
> (SquirrelMail). Checking the backups I found that messages where
> deleted on sunday (there where 158 messages on saturday's night
> backup, and only 33 on sunday's night).
>
> So, is there any way to increase log level, so I can find out from
> where and when the messages are being deleted?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ----
"simplified chinese" is not nearly as easy as they would
have you believe ... a superlative oxymoron" --anonymous