plus addressing

Huaqing Zheng huasome at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:54:42 EDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Zachariah Mully <zmully-kolab at smartbrief.com> wrote:
> Hello all-
>         I'm in the process of moving from a qmail/uw-imap installation to a
> postfix/Cyrus-2.2 and I've one last problem to solve before I can start
> moving people onto the new system.
>         We make heavy use of qmail's extension addressing, which uses a dash as
> the default delimiter. In Postfix this is configurable, but I've not
> been able to find any place in the Cyrus config files where I can change
> this from "+" to "-". Is this even possible? If it's not, has anybody
> come up a good workaround that they can suggest?

This is not really a Cyrus issue but a MTA issue.  Most MTAs use + as
the mailbox delimiter and simply send mail to the part before the +
sign.  The part after the plus sign is used by the mail delivery
agent.  One thing you can try is to use postfix regex rewrite maps to
rewrite the - into a +.

--
Huaqing Zheng
Beer and Code Wrangler at Large