cyrmaster dies after start

Robert Van Horn rvh at abcreek.wisequackranch.com
Thu Sep 8 18:17:51 EDT 2005

So much trouble!

The need is for a system that delivers mail
from exim4 to person at domain where domain
could be any one of a list of v-hosts.
( this would be: user.person not user.person at domain )
Some users are forwarded through aliases file.

cyrus was working ok until I tweeked
exim4 and the hosts file enough for exim4 to
do the right thing. Now when I start cyrus
the log file shows:
Sep  8 12:15:48 mail cyrus/master[22276]: set maximum file descriptors
to 1024/1024
Sep  8 12:15:48 mail cyrus/master[22276]: process started

but cyrmaster is not running.

Things I had to change for exim4 to work:

Hosts - 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
this line was modified from the debian default
of 127.0.0.1    localhost.

In the exim4 transport:

cyrus_ltcp:
  driver = smtp
  protocol = lmtp
  gethostbyname = true
  allow_localhost
  hosts = localhost
  port = 2003

The system is cyrus21 from debian unstable
Exim 4.52

Thanks for any help,

bob                 rvh at abcreek.wisequackranch.com