Unable to preserve \Seen state

Saltmarsh, Evan M evan.m.saltmarsh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Sep 8 16:54:03 EDT 2005

Thanks.  It turns out I didn't need to convert from Berkeley, but from
flat.  Once I did this the seen state was fixed.  Thanks again for the
help.

Evan Saltmarsh
UNIX Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services
Vanderbilt University
Office:  (615) 322-2156
Cell:  (615) 491-4115

-----Original Message-----
From: info-cyrus-bounces at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
[mailto:info-cyrus-bounces at lists.andrew.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of Ingo
Freund
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:48 PM
To: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: Unable to preserve \Seen state

Saltmarsh, Evan M wrote:

> I migrated data from a 2.0.16 version to the 2.2.12 version by
exporting
> the data from the old and importing into the new.  Everything seems to
> work just fine except the seen state.  I get the following error when
> logging into the mailbox.

[...]
> This is across all my mailboxes, so it's a universal problem within my
> environment.

in version 2.2.x the standard database format changed from berkeley
to skiplist.
you have two options now:
stay with the berkeley format -> put into your /etc/imapd.conf file
the statement
seenstate_db:  berkeley

or convert your relevant databases from berkeley to skiplist format
by using cvt_cyrusdb (type the command for usage)

This little scrip helped me:
assuming your imap databases in /var/imap:
(run as user cyrus)
CFGDIR="/var/imap"
DBNAMES="`find $CFGDIR/user -name '*.seen'`"
for DB in ${DBNAMES}; do
        cp -p ${DB} ${DB}.berkeley
        cvt_cyrusdb ${DB}.berkeley berkeley ${DB}.skiplist skiplist
        cp ${DB}.skiplist ${DB}
done