UTF folders created via OE and SquirrelMail

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Wed Oct 26 08:45:34 EDT 2005

Hello All,

When I create Imap folder in Hebrew lang. via SquirrelMail it looks O.K. in the SquirrelMail interface and I can work with it.
But when I use Outlook Express, this folder looks like gibberish.
The same happens if I create Hebrew named folder in OE, it looks like gibberish in SquirrelMail interface.

My system is SLES 9, and it supports UTF. I can create hebrew named folders on the FS level. But both folders created in OE and in the SquirrelMail looks like gibberish on the FS level.

Is there a command I can use to instruct Cyrus to create folders in UTF?
Or may be there is another solution.

P.S.:
All packages in my installations are SuSE made rpms.

Best Regards,

Leon Kolchinsky