[POLL] pop3d/nntpd and IMAP flags

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 25 12:37:01 EDT 2005

The short discussion on pop3d not changing \Seen state got me thinking
about the overall interaction of pop3d and nntpd with IMAP flags.

It would be fairly straightforward to have an option that updated \Seen
state whenever a POP3 client issues a RETR command or an NNTP client
issues a BODY or ARTICLE command.

My question is what do people think of the interaction between
pop3d/nntpd and the \Deleted flag?  Should these daemons ignore articles
that have this flag set?  Should a POP3 DELE command or a NNTP cancel
message just set the \Deleted flag instead of expunging the message?

Should any setting which enables pop3d/nntpd to use IMAP flags be global
or per-mailbox?

Thoughts?

--
Kenneth Murchison