Subscribe user folder using telnet

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:48:15 EDT 2005

Patrick T. Tsang wrote:
> Thanks Ken
>
> This is still a good way.
> However, is there any commands which is working for subscribing user IMAP
> folder using root admin,cyrus, in telnet mode?

Not easily.  The best way is to use imtest, otherwise you're going to
have to replicate its functionality.

> This is important to my company project since we will access the cyrus mail
> server using socket connection.

TCP socket or UNIX socket?  imtest certainly works over TCP

> BTW, how to PIPE subscribe command into imtest such that I can do the
> subscription by just one single shell command line?

You can use the -f <file> or -x <file> options which will pipe the
contents of the file or named socket into the connection after
authentication.