postfix + cyrus-imap

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Oct 24 10:17:32 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 09:20 -0400, Wadner Cadet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to cyrus and postfix. I just installed them on my box.
> Everything seems to be correct (postfix and cyrus are working). The
> problem is the users don't receive any mail, even locally (from a user
> to himself). Can it be a postfix problem that doesn't deliver the emails
> to cyrus? When I checked the users'mail directory in cyrus, I only found
> cyrus.cache, cyrus.header and cyrus.index. There is no INBOX.
>
> Thank you for your help
----
it's impolite to steal someone else's thread - you should start your own
threads rather than clicking 'reply' to someone else's message and
changing the subject.

- users' mail directory is INBOX

- did you make the necessary changes to postfix/master.cf to reflect
lmtp delivery?

I have this...
lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp

and
cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  user=cyrus argv=/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m
${extension} ${user}
(2 lines)

what about your maillog - what does it say about handling incoming mail?

Craig

believed to be clean.