POP access doesn't update seen state ?

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 24 08:30:27 EDT 2005

Yann Rouillard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems Cyrus pop server doesn't update seen state when mails are
> retrieved.

This is correct.

> Is it normal behaviour ? Can this be changed ?

It could, but it probably would be an option.  Its probably never been
done, because POP3 wasn't really designed to have messages left on the
server, and just because the client fetches the message, it doesn't mean
that the user actually read it.

> It is a problem here, because some of our users still use pop while also
> using Horde Webmail configured with imap access, and they prefer mails
> already retrieved by pop to be shown as read with Horde (it was the case
> with UW Imap).

Please submit this feature request to bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu, and I'll
get to it when I have time.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer