Can I bypass authentication for connections from a host

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Thu Oct 20 12:01:21 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 19:54 +0530, Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
> Hi,
>    We are running cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8 on linux. I would like to run some
> maintenance script from a server. Can I configure cyrus to bypass
> authentication for connections from one IP

AFAIK you can't.

What kind of maintenance scripts/tasks are you needing to do?  As most,
if not all, things can be done with machine the server is on by using
the various cyrus utilities (w/o require a password). you just have to
"su " to the cyrus user and run them. (ie.. squatter, purge, quota,
reconstruct, ctk_mboxlist, etc...)

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>