mv virus infected mail files behind cyrus's back

John Conant jconant at aerodyne.com
Thu Oct 13 08:29:19 EDT 2005

We use both Trend Micro and Clamav to check mail on the way in.  Then
overnight we have Trend Micro rescan the whole mail store.  After that,
early in the morning, we run a scheduled reconstruct just in case some
messages were removed.  We do detect things overnight that weren't found
on the way in, and its not always because of updated virus definitions.
We don't understand the difference, but it happens...   That system has
worked well for us for over a year.  However, most of our users are with
POP, and the IMAP users seldom use disconnected mode...

--

                              Regards,

                                   John Conant

 jconant at aerodyne.com        "An expert is a [person] who has made all
 John Conant                 the mistakes which can be made in a very
 Aerodyne Research, Inc.     narrow field" - Niels Bohr (attrib.)
 Billerica, MA 01821
 (978)663-9500, ext. 292     FAX (978)663-4918