Cyrus nntpd and virtual domains?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Mon Oct 10 19:03:26 EDT 2005

Howdy,

I've been using cyrus-imapd for several months now to host a small set
of virtual domains.  I've spent the past few days trying to get the
NNTP support working, and I'm afraid I'm stuck -- it looks like I can
have either NNTP *or* virtual domains, but not both.

The nntp server only sees top-level, unqualified mailboxes (e.g.,
lists.info-cyrus).  On the other hand, users logging into to virtual
domain accounts (user at domain) *only* see mailboxes that exist in that
virtual domain.

I haven't figured out how to make either (a) top-level shared folders
appear for all users, or (b) make nntp see mailboxes in virtual
domains.  Are either of these configurations possible?  I'm working
with version 2.2.12 right now (because that's what the vendor
provides, but I'd be happy to upgrade if that would solve my problem).

Thanks,

  -- Lars