The Cyrus db (/var/imap/db) is suddenly hundreds of MB!

Paul Boven p.boven at chello.nl
Thu Oct 6 19:07:10 EDT 2005

Hi Igor,

Igor Brezac wrote:
>>> I wonder if your db env is corrupt.  stop cyrus server and
>>> cd /var/imap
>>> db_recover

db_recover returns without any error, even after setting DB_HOME.

>>> If that does not work and if you use skiplist for the mailboxes db,
>>> you can remove the contents of /var/imap/db and all berkeley dbs
>>> (deliver, annotate, etc) and restart cyrus-imap.

*nod* after realising that the problem was with the Berkely DBs only,
and that nuking tls_sessions and delivery database is no problem, I went
ahead and did as you suggested. And Cyrus is up and running again
without trouble.

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards, Paul Boven.