Cyrus/Squirrelmail problem

Nick Trenary trenaryn at crlibrary.org
Thu Oct 6 14:41:33 EDT 2005

OS X 10.4.2 server running SM 1.4.5, Cyrus Imapd 2.2.12, Cyrus SASL 2.1.18.

We recently migrated to this setup and have had a frustrating SM/Cyrus
problem since day 1.  Occassionaly a user cannot log into this account
using SM.  The error message reads '*ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP
server.*'

When I type ps ax at Terminal I see:
3727  ??  U      0:00.83 imapd: localhost [::1] username user.username

I cannot kill it, only rebooting the server takes care of until it
happens again.  A possible cause of this might be linked to users trying
to move messages from one folder to another in SM but right now I don't
have enough info.  We have had no problems with other email clients
(T-bird, Eudora, Outlook, etc).  Is this a SM issue or a Cyrus issue?

Thanks,
Nick

--
Nick Trenary