Problem with timsieved on SUN

hhuseman bofh at dh9dat.de
Thu Oct 6 17:37:29 EDT 2005

Hi Ken,

okay, one step further: sivtest is working now. The problem was that
timsieved was unable to write into /usr/sieve, I created this directory
and did a chown cyrus:other /usr/sieve.
Ah, and, I have the logs, I had to reconfigure my syslogd. Now sieve
writes its messages to /var/adm/messages.
I can login now using sivtest, but, sieveshell is still not working.
I see the following entry in the log:

===========/snip/========================
Oct  6 23:16:06 palanthir master[10258]: [ID 392559 local6.debug] about
to exec /usr/cyrus/bin/timsieved
Oct  6 23:16:06 palanthir sieve[10258]: [ID 518349 local6.debug] executed
Oct  6 23:16:07 palanthir perl[10257]: [ID 702911 auth.notice] Bad
IPLOCALPORT value
Oct  6 23:16:07 palanthir sieve[10258]: [ID 921384 local6.debug]
accepted connection
Oct  6 23:16:07 palanthir master[3781]: [ID 310780 local6.debug] process
10258 exited, status 0
Oct  6 23:16:08 palanthir master[3781]: [ID 310780 local6.debug] process
10256 exited, status 0
I found a thread which deals with the same problem:
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=26358
so, I recompiled cyrus with

#define NI_WITHSCOPEID  0

but with the same result.