Cyrus + LDAP + SASLauth problem. Rewrite login?

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at riboflavin.net
Thu Oct 6 03:18:25 EDT 2005

You shouldn't have to.  Postfix allows you to set up maps for pretty
much all look-up tables, including mydomains.  You create a different
ldap configuration file (e.g. ldap-mydomains.cf) and point mydomains to
ldap:/usr/local/etc/ldap-mydomains.cf (or wherever you put the file).
What you put in there depends on your configuration.  For instance,
mine is set up like so:

Root (o=My Organization, c=US)
  +-- ou=example.com
    +-- cn=User1 (user1 at example.com)
  +-- ou=domain.tld
    +-- cn=User2 (user2 at domain.tld)

My config might have something like:
search_base = o=My Organization,c=US
result_attribute = ou
query_filter = (&(objectClass=organizationUnit)(ou=%s))

I'm still working to get to this point myself, but my preliminary
testing shows it should work, and now that I have my weird saslauth
issue cleared up, I should be there soon.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at riboflavin.net
Hanlon's Razor:  Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by stupidity.