Cyrus WebMail

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Nov 30 22:22:46 EST 2005

>> Is there some documentation about Cyrus internal databases,
>> or maybe API about this stuff ?
>>
>> Any other ideas about dedicated webmail?

This is a very good question and the responses I've seen so far
are missing the point.

The optimal web mail system would run on the Cyrus server and
would access mail directly without using imap protocol at all.
It would use many of the same program modules, but the interface
would be with web pages instead of with imap protocol.

Mirapoint apparently have done this with their branch of Cyrus.
But that's proprietary.

Joseph Brennan