cyradm problems

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Nov 23 12:39:49 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 10:38 -0600, Saltmarsh, Evan M wrote:
> I seen to be having issues with the cyradm command.  I’m using sasl to
> talk to the ldap server and for regular users logging in to their
> mailboxes, things work fine.  When I try to use the cyradm command I
> get

> cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

How are you running cyradm; what's the full command-line?  It is often
the case the you have to manually specify '--auth <authtype>'; cyradm
doesn't seem to be as intelligent as MTAs about selecting the right
authentication mechanism or maybe MTAs try all of them until they find
one that works; I haven't looked at the problem in detail.  I find
'--auth login' almost always works, unless you have disabled plain-text
logins.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>