(start_)tls and openssl-0.9.8a

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Tue Nov 22 03:30:17 EST 2005

Goetz Babin-Ebell wrote:

> Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
>
>> Hmm, first of all, why "no-idea, no-rc5"? You have better
>> implementations on your system? I usually let OpenSSL be the provider
>> of those algorithms.
>

> Because idea and rc5 have patent issues ?

Heh, forgot about that one... Why does OpenSSL have those, in the first
place? So, if someone HAS a licence to use the algorithm, OpenSSL will
provide an implementation?

>> Secondly, well, I don't know about ZLib. I usually install a separate
>> ZLib and let all others link to it dynamically. I'm not saying that
>> ZLib coming with OpenSSL is broken, but it could be. Or it simply
>> could be that it is a different version than the one you have
>> system-wide and that there are some interoperability issues. Again,
>> it should not be happening, but it is possible.
>

> OpenSSL has no build in zlib, but uses a system provided version.

OK, I haven't been in OpenSSL package for a while, I remeber "no-zlib",
"zlib" and "zlib-shared" options. I usually use the last one. That is
what I was refering to.

Nix.