Importing MBOX-formatted mailboxes into Cyrus?

Per-Olov Sjöholm pos at incedo.org
Fri Nov 18 08:58:57 EST 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 17.01, Matt Singerman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are currently moving away from a POP3-based system (QuickMail Pro server
> and client) to IMAP, with Cyrus as the IMAP server and primarily
> Thunderbird as the client. Have already succesfully transitioned our users
> to using IMAP via Thunderbird. The problem we have run into is with older
> emails. QuickMail uses its own format for storing messages. I was able to
> convert these into standard MBOX format using a tool called qmptombox,
> which we were able to import into Thunderbird's "Local Folders". Ideally,
> however, we would like to have these messages reside on the IMAP server
> itself. Are there any tools available that will take MBOX mailboxes and
> insert them into Cyrus? If not, if anyone has found a suitable workaround,
> I would love to hear it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Have you tried "imapcp" by Jean-Philippe Langlois (jpl at jplanglois.com).

It's a cmd tool where you simply specify "user", "password" and "host" for
both source and target system and is used over the net...

/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE