Using Procmail, Sendmail with Cyrus

gui gui at function.com
Wed Nov 16 17:41:04 EST 2005

Hi Everybody

I'm trying to use Procmail on my Sendmail/Cyrus server.
I'm using cyrus-imapd-2.2.12 and Sendmail 8.13.3on Freebsd 5.4, and want
to use procmail-3.22_6.

I couldn't find much information on the web on how to use procmail.
My main objective is to get bsd vacation working - and this requires
procmail.
I need vacation because my webmail Horde needs it (cannot use sieve).

The only information I can find is :
http://subwiki.honeypot.net/cgi-bin/view/Freebsd/SendMailAndCyrus?skin=print.pattern
And the O'Rielly IMAP Management book.  But both are not very clear.

Has anybody installed and configured Procmail on a Sendmail/Cyrus server?
Care to share your experience and a How-To?

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Gui