outlook 2003 crashing

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Nov 16 16:24:36 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 08:01 -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Grabbing a protocol dump when you experience the crash might be
> helpful.

I'm seeing it with Office 2003 SP2 installed (didn't test w/o SP2).  I'm
looking at the protocol logs but for the life of me I cannot see
anything going wrong.  It sends IDLE requests and then just hangs up
trying to do who-knows-what.  Since I don't really understand IDLE and
idled (other than the general idea of staying connected), I tried
restarting with idled not starting in cyrus.conf, to no avail.

I *thought* I'd identified that it was trying to create the "Junk
E-mail" folder at the top-level (as a sibling to INBOX), so I changed to
altnamespace, also to no avail.

I am, however, running XP under VMware and Cyrus on the host and running
tcpdump I see a number of TCP checksum errors, which seems strange.

This is cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-6.fc4, on Fedora Core 4 from Fedora Extras.

(The beauty of it is that I've been commanded by my boss to use Outlook,
which is rife with problems, instead of Evolution, which works fine for
the most part.  Anybody need a senior admin in Portland, OR?)

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>